Thursday, June 4, 2020

Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal

Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This summer with most all of our plans changed/cancelled I decided it was time to tackle some home improvement projects. I've started with some of the smaller projects and saving the bigger ones for last. But as I get closer to the bigger projects, I am getting nervous. I want them to turn out well, but it is something I have never done before and it will be a lot of work. Plus there are a handful of projects that are out of my basic DIY skills, that we will have to hire done and who knows how much that will cost. So for now I am going to enjoy this tropical oatmeal and dream of a vacation in a warm location with no home improvement projects.

Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This oatmeal is loaded with tropical flavors even cashews, which I do not necessarily see as tropical, but are way cheaper than macadamia nuts, which are definitely tropical. Maybe one of these days I will splurge and buy macadamia nuts, but if I do I will use them to make one of my favorite cookies, white chocolate macadamia nut, not oatmeal, even though this oatmeal is incredibly delicious.

Piña Colada Baked Oatmeal

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup salted cashews, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 cup canned crushed pineapple
  • 14.5 ounce can coconut milk
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, cashews and ground ginger until well combined.
  3. Stir in the pineapple, coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until well combined.
  4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the oatmeal is set and lightly golden brown on top.
  5. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 398

Total Fat

21.8g

Saturated Fat

3.5g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1.5g

Monounsaturated Fat

3.3g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

70.3mg

Sodium

31.4mg

Potassium

157.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

43.6g

Dietary Fiber

4g

Sugars

8.6g

Protein

8.7g

Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 6.7%

Calcium 5.1% Iron 10.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Five Heart Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...