Friday, September 15, 2017

Crock Pot Hack

This is not a recipe like I normal post on this blog. However it is a really useful hack for your crock pot.


I had two jars of sauces that I wanted to use on pork tenderloin. I wanted to cook the pork tenderloin in the sauces and then shred for pulled pork sandwiches. The size of the tenderloin I needed was only a few pounds and I was not sure how such a small amount would do in a large crockpot. 

Then I remembered seeing a hack for cooking two things in one crock pot. I remembered it involved foil and a crock pot cooking bag. So I set out to make it happen. First I took a sheet of aluminum foil and folded it over several times so it was just shorter than the height of the crock pot. Then I folded the ends so it fit in the crock pot, see picture below. Next I took the crock pot cooking bag and placed it in the crock pot and pushed the bag down into each side, see above picture. Make sure the bag comes up enough so when you put the lid on it sits on the bag. Then I was able to place a piece of pork tenderloin in each side with it own sauce.


This hack worked like a charm. Each pork and sauce stayed in its own side and did not mixed with each other. This hack would also work going across the short side of the crock pot. So now you can use your crock pot to cook two smaller things at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...