Tuesday, May 30, 2017

White Queso Dip

White Queso Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

One of my biggest weaknesses with food is chips and cheese, I can almost never say no to chips and cheese. Many years ago I used to buy my cheese dip, but then I discovered just how easy it is to make your own. I love making my own cheese dip, because then I know exactly what is in it. Plus, I can experiment with lots different types and flavors.

White Queso Dip

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound pepper jack cheese
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, full fat
  • 1/2 cup sour cream, full fat
  • 10 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 3/4 cup half and half, optional

Directions:

  1. In a medium pot, over low heat, add the pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and diced tomatoes. Continue to heat over low heat until both cheeses have melted and everything is well combined, stirring often. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
  2. Add in the spices and stir to mix well. If the dip is too thick add in desired amount of half and half to reach your preferred consistency.
  3. Serve with chips.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 9

Amount Per Serving

Calories 324

Total Fat

26.5g

Saturated Fat

15.9g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

89.6g

Sodium

515.9g

Potassium

88g

Total Carbohydrates

6.6g

Dietary Fiber

0.4g

Sugars

2.2g

Protein

15.2g

Vitamin A 19.12% Vitamin C 2.88%

Calcium 40.28% Iron 0.82%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from The Baking Fairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...