Monday, May 8, 2017

Buttermilk Pancakes

Buttermilk Pancakes: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I went back and forth on this recipe. First I was going to post it, then I decided not to. But then I thought about it again and decided I would, but then I realized I would have to make some changes before I posted it or provide some sort of a disclaimer, so I decided not to post it. But then I changed my mind again and decided to post it.

So let me explain my indecisiveness. The original title of these pancakes was Vanilla Cinnamon Buttermilk Pancakes. After eating them I did not taste any vanilla or cinnamon flavor, not really even a hint. So that is when I decided not to post the recipe, because the taste did not match the recipe name. However, these pancakes were so light and fluffy, they were really delicious, I wanted to blog them. But I knew I would need to come up with a new name to better reflect how the pancakes tasted to me and/or remove the cinnamon or vanilla.

Ultimately, I decided to just rename them to better reflect the taste. They did taste really good with the cinnamon and vanilla that I did not want to leave them out of the recipe. So here is a lightly and fluffy buttermilk pancake recipe.

Buttermilk Pancakes

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl melt the butter and set aside to cool slightly.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
  3. In another large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla, ground cinnamon and egg. Slowly whisk in the slightly cooled butter.
  4. Slowly whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisking just until mixed, do not over mix. Set the batter aside.
  5. Heat up a griddle over medium-low heat. Using either a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup, scoop up the pancake batter and pour onto the griddle. Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and pop and the edges are set. Carefully flip the pancakes over and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories 319

Total Fat

14.7g

Saturated Fat

8.9g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.6g

Monounsaturated Fat

3.3g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

89g

Sodium

422g

Potassium

21g

Total Carbohydrates

36.9g

Dietary Fiber

0.7g

Sugars

14.1g

Protein

9.1g

Vitamin A 9.37% Vitamin C 0.02%

Calcium 1.76% Iron 9.38%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from The Chunky Chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...