Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Pumpkin flavor and I have a love hate relationship. Some recipes I try with pumpkin in it, I love and others I hate. For example I have tried several varieties of pumpkin flavored drinks, like lattes and steamers and I disliked every single one. I was determined to find one I liked since everyone seems to love pumpkin flavored drinks, but I think I am done trying. I have also tried a pumpkin ravioli and pumpkin chili and they were both disgusting.

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

On the other hand I have used pumpkin in various baked goods and pancakes, plus a pumpkin butter, and they are delicious. Just like this oatmeal that is pumpkin flavored and I enjoyed it. My girls loved the oatmeal with the nuts and I enjoyed it better without the nuts. So adding them or not adding them is up to you.

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 3 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan, combine the oats and milk.
  2. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often.
  3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until desired consistency is reached, about 3-5 minutes.
  4. Stir in the pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue to heat until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
  5. Divide the oatmeal between 3 bowls and top with maple syrup and pecans, if desired.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 3

Amount Per Serving

Calories 342

Total Fat

14.9g

Saturated Fat

1.6g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.5g

Monounsaturated Fat

0.5g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

2.9g

Sodium

80.9g

Potassium

73.4g

Total Carbohydrates

36.9g

Dietary Fiber

4.6g

Sugars

18.4g

Protein

9.9g

Vitamin A 99.2% Vitamin C 5%

Calcium 21.2% Iron 10.2%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Damn Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...