Thursday, October 20, 2016

Funfetti Cake Batter Snowball Cookies

Funfetti Cake Batter Snowball Cookies: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I have got to stop taking pictures at night time. It makes my pictures so dark, but of course I do not realize how bad they are until I download them on my computer to process them. The problem is, life is so busy, that I have to take pictures as soon as the recipe is done, no matter what time it is or how much light there is.

With these cookies, I needed them for a church picnic and did not finish them until late the day before the picnic so of course I had to take the picture when it was completely dark outside. But don't let these dark pictures deter you from making these delicious cookies.

I have come to learn that these cookies have multiple names, but I grew up calling them snowball cookies and they had nuts in them. Nuts in baked goods, is really not my thing, however, I am starting to change my feelings about that. Anyway, these snowballs do not have nuts in them and that is why I was intrigued to make them. Changing out the nuts for sprinkles is such a delicious change in an already delicious cookie.

Funfetti Cake Batter Snowball Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered, plus more for rolling
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup rainbow sprinkles, jimmies

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Line two cookies sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
  2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix together the butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter extract and vanilla extract. Mix until the mixture is fluffy.
  3. Add in the flour and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the sprinkles. If the dough is too soft to form balls, chill it until easier to work with.
  4. Scoop the dough out into 1 tablespoons balls of dough and place on the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the bottoms are just slightly browned.
  5. Remove the cookies sheets from the oven and let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for 5 minutes.
  6. While the cookies are cooling fill a bowl with some powdered sugar. Start out with about 1/3-1/2 cup of powdered sugar and add more as needed.
  7. Once the cookies have cooled for 5 minutes, roll them in the powdered sugar and place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
  8. Once the cookies have completely cooled you can roll them in more powdered sugar if desired.
Enjoy!!!

Yields: 2-3 dozen
*Adapted from Crazy for Crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...