Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Mascarpone Cream and Berries

Mascarpone Cream and Berries: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I ended up with some leftover mascarpone cheese after making this pasta. Not wanting it to go to waste, I went on the hunt for a recipe. But not just any recipe, a recipe that I could make without having to go to the store for ingredients. After going through what seemed like a lot of recipes and pinning several, I thought I was going to have to cave and go to the store to buy some ingredients. Then I found a recipe where I had all of the ingredients. Even better I had just enough leftover heavy cream. So not only did I use up the mascarpone cheese, but I was able to use up the little bit of heavy cream I had as well.

This recipe was super easy and super delicious. The hardest part was waiting for it to chill in the fridge for an hour. When I asked my husband if he wanted some, he said he only wanted a bite. I told him he could eat all of it, but he said, no just a bite. Well that one bite turned into all of it.

Mascarpone Cream and Berries

Ingredients:

  • 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • frozen of fresh berries of your choice

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract until soft peaks form.
  2. Divide half of the mascarpone mixture between 4 dishes. Top with the berries of your choice. If using frozen berries, add them in frozen.
  3. Place the remaining mascarpone mixture on top of the berries and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from food.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...