Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Cheddar Horseradish Spread

Cheddar and Horseradish Spread: Savory Sweet and Satsifying

This past Thanksgiving a family member brought a cheddar horseradish spread. I got so excited cause I love that spread, but do not have it very often. In fact I can not even recall the last time I had it. Then my husband saw the spread and said how much he liked the spread. After all these years we are still learning things about each other.

Now knowing how much we both liked the spread the only logical thing was to find a homemade version so I can make it at home whenever I feel like. So I do not have to spend a lot of money for a little jar. 

This spread is cheesy and a little spicy with a whole lot of horseradish flavor. It goes great with crackers and even pretzels.

Cheddar Horseradish Spread

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/3 cup dry white wine
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • black pepper, to taste
  • crackers
  • pretzels

Directions:

  1. In a food processor add in the cheese, wine, sour cream, horseradish and paprika. Process until smooth.
  2. Season with black pepper and process again to blend.
  3. Serve with crackers or pretzels.
  4. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories 125

Total Fat

9.5g

Saturated Fat

0.3g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

2.2g

Sodium

208.4g

Potassium

17.3g

Total Carbohydrates

1.2g

Dietary Fiber

0.2g

Sugars

0.8g

Protein

9.5g

Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 1.6%

Calcium 1.6% Iron 0.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Bon Appétit.

5 comments:

  1. Is it dry white wine vinegar or a dry white wine? If wine any suggestions, what wine do you use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a dry white wine, not white wine vinegar. I've used a dry Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make this! Do you grate your own cheese? I am wondering what size block of cheese to buy so that I end up with 3 cups. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do grate my own cheese. 1 cup of cheese is equal to 4 ounces, so you would need 12 ounces of cheese to equal 3 cups. I hope you enjoy the spread!

      Delete
  4. I love cheddar and like horseradish so I'll be trying this soon

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...