Monday, July 18, 2016

Toffee Syrup

Toffee Coffee Syrup:Savory Sweet and Satisfying

During all of the experimenting with iced coffee flavors I have been doing I really wanted to find a way to make a toffee flavor. After some internet searching all I came across was adding some of the store bought Torani syrups. I really wanted a homemade way to accomplish this. Then I came across a recipe for a homemade toffee syrup. 

I can not believe how simple this syrup was. Adding the syrup to my iced coffee was so delicious! I can also see me adding this syrup to my hot coffees in the winter time.

Toffee Syrup

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup toffee bits

Directions:

  1. In a small saucepan, over medium hight heat, combine the water, sugar and toffee.
  2. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
  4. Pour the mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any undissolved pieces of toffee.
  5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
  6. Shake well before using.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Divine Lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...