Monday, March 28, 2016

Spicy Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza

Spicy Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

My husband loves a good meat pizza and with making pizza at least once a month I am not sure why I have never made a sausage pizza. I am also not sure why it never occurred to me to add spicy sausage to the pizza. But after doing so, I do not think I will ever go back to regular sausage on my pizza.

Spicy Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 1 ball pizza dough
  • pizza sauce
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, cook and crumbled into bite sized pieces
  • pepperoni slices

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to the temperature your dough recipe calls for.
  2. Roll or stretch the dough out to your desired thickness (mine was about a 13 inch pizza).
  3. Spread your desired amount of pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border from the edge of the dough.
  4. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over top.
  5. Top with the cooked and crumbled sausage and desired amount of pepperoni.
  6. Bake per your dough instructions, or until the cheese has melted and the crust has browned around the edges.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used my homemade Easy Authentic Pizza Sauce and turkey pepperoni when making this pizza.


Nutrition Facts

Servings 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories 722

Total Fat

38.5g

Saturated Fat

14.4g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

100g

Sodium

1,814g

Potassium

235.8g

Total Carbohydrates

0g

Dietary Fiber

1g

Sugars

42.3g

Protein

12.5g

Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 44% Iron 7%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Table for Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...