Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Roasted Jalapeño Cream Cheese

Roasted Jalapeño Cream Cheese: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

My favorite bagel shop not only had my favorite bagel, but my favorite cream cheese as well. (Click here if you want to check out my favorite bagel.) Their jalapeño cream cheese was so delicious with the perfect amount of spiciness. Plus on the rare occasion when they had both my favorite bagel and favorite cream cheese I was very happy. The bagel shop had a weekly special bagel and cream cheese and of course mine were on the list of specials, so they did not offer them all the time.

The good news is even though I no longer love anywhere near my favorite bagel shop I can now enjoy my favorite bagel and cream cheese anytime I want.

Roasted Jalapeño Cream Cheese

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
  • 3 jalapeño peppers

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450º F.
  2. Place the jalapeños on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven.
  3. Roast for 10-20 minutes or until the jalapeños are charred and blistered on both sides, turning over halfway through the cooking time.
  4. Remove jalapeños from the oven and immediately place in a heat proof container and place the lid on.
  5. Let the jalapeños sweat for 10 minutes.
  6. Remove jalapeños from the container and cut off stem. Cut in half and remove the seeds.
  7. Dice the jalapeños.
  8. Place the softened cream cheese and roasted diced jalapeños in a large bowl and mix well.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings 10

Amount Per Serving

Calories 113

Total Fat

9.6g

Saturated Fat

6.4g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

32g

Sodium

152.1g

Potassium

10.4g

Total Carbohydrates

3.5g

Dietary Fiber

0.1g

Sugars

1.8g

Protein

3.2g

Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 8.3%

Calcium 3.3% Iron 0.1%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Macheesmo.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...