Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Chorizo Turkey Burgers

Chorizo Turkey Burgers: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Sometimes my freezer reaches its capacity and I need to spend a week or so making recipes that use up food in there. As I was going through my freezer I can across some leftover chorizo form a previous recipe and was not sure how to use it. Then I came across a package of ground turkey that had found its way to the bottom of the freezer and should be used up sooner than later.

My husbands idea was make a burger with the turkey and while that sounded like a good and easy idea, it did not use up the chorizo. Then it hit me, what if I combine the ground turkey and chorizo to make a burger and that is how this burger came to be.
Chorizo Turkey Burgers

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 pound chorizo sausage
  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 6 hamburger buns
  • toppings of your choice
Directions:
  1. In a large bowl combine the chorizo and ground turkey.
  2. Divide the meat mixture into 6 portions and form into patties.
  3. Cook the patties your desired way.
  4. Place the cooked burgers on the bottom half of a bun, top burger with your desired toppings and place top half of bun on top.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 6
Calories: 397
Total Fat: 11.7g
   Saturated: 3.6g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.5g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 54mg
Sodium: 379mg
Potassium: 0mg
Total Carbs: 22.5g
   Dietary Fiber: 1.4g
   Sugars: 2.9g
Protein: 23.2g
Vitamin A: 1.3%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 6.7%
Iron: 12%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...