Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Breakfast Casserole with Sausage Gravy

Breakfast Casserole with Sausage Gravy: Savory Sweet and Satsifying

As I think about my husbands love of breakfast sausage gravy, I have come to the conclusion that I have never had sausage gravy. If I have, I certainly do not remember it. But after this casserole I will definitely be having it more often, it was delicious.

Breakfast Casserole with Sausage Gravy

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups tater tots
  • 2 cups sausage gravy
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

  1. Cook tater tots according to package directions until golden brown.
  2. Reduce oven to 350º F. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
  3. Transfer tater tots to prepared baking dish.
  4. In a medium bowl combine the sausage gravy and eggs, mix well. Pour gravy mixture over tater tots.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set in the center.
  6. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used this homemade sausage gravy in this recipe, so I could better control the sodium.

Serves: 4
Calories: 614
Total Fat: 44.1g
   Saturated: 12.3g
   Polyunsaturated: 2.6g
   Monounsaturated: 6.7g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 222.3mg
Sodium: 994.5mg
Potassium: 647.7mg
Total Carbs: 32.6g
   Dietary Fiber: 2g
   Sugars: 6.3g
Protein: 21.3g
Vitamin A: 13.5%
Vitamin C: 10.4%
Calcium: 16%
Iron: 10.5%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Tastebook.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...