Tuesday, June 9, 2015

No Bake Oat Bites

No Bake Oat Snack Bites: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I love making snacks for my youngest daughter to take to school. I feel good about sending her to school with a homemade snack.

When I made this snack for her I of course had to try one to see how they tasted and that is when the troubled started. These bites are so good and I love the size of them, that it was difficult for me to save them for her snack. I think next time I will have to make a double batch so I can enjoy some as well.

No Bake Oat Bites

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients well.
  2. Using a tablespoon, scoop out oat mixture and roll into a ball. If it is too sticky to roll in a ball, refrigerate to firm up a bit, about 1/2 hour, then scoop and roll into a ball.
  3. Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 10 (2 bites each)
Calories: 218
Total Fat: 11.1g
   Saturated: 3.1g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.2g
   Monounsaturated: 0.2g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 62.4mg
Potassium: 45mg
Total Carbs: 28.6g
   Dietary Fiber: 2.1g
   Sugars: 18.9g
Protein: 4.2g
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 0.1%
Calcium: 0.1%
Iron: 5.4%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Cooking on the Front Burner.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...