Monday, February 2, 2015

Basic Alfredo Sauce

Basic Alfredo Sauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Recently I have come across recipes in my collection that call for Alfredo sauce. I really wanted my husband to be able to enjoy them with us, but with his hypertension, I can not use the store bought jarred sauce. So I decided to try a basic Alfredo sauce to use in recipes.

I had my husband taste test this sauce since he is particular about his Alfredo and to quote him he said "it is good, tastes like Alfredo sauce". I will take that to mean it is a keeper. 

Basic Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, over medium low heat, melt butter.
  2. Add in cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Add in garlic and cheese and whisk until heated through and cheese is completely melted.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I have not tried this sauce on top of some noodles as a fettuccine Alfredo, but in a dish it works great and tastes great.

You can substitute Parmesan cheese, for the Italian cheese blend.

Yields: 1lb 12.5 ounces (approximately)
Calories: 2,693
Total Fat: 270.1g
   Saturated: 179.3g
   Polyunsaturated: 3.5g
   Monounsaturated: 23.9g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 944mg
Sodium: 873.5mg
Potassium: 51.3mg
Total Carbs: 5.1g
   Dietary Fiber: 0.1g
   Sugars: 0.1g
Protein: 25.3g
Vitamin A: 196.7%
Vitamin C: 3.1%
Calcium: 63.8%
Iron: 0.7%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...