Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Asparagus with Maple Mustard Glaze


I am in shock that I have actually found an asparagus recipe that I like. Growing up my whole family liked asparagus and it was prepared often, or at least it seemed often to me, and my parents always made me eat some of my vegetables even if I did not like them. So, I would choke down most of the stalk part and then feed my dog the tips. My parents always got so frustrated with me telling me to at least eat the tips and feed the dog some of the stalk, cause the tips was the best part. Well to me the tips was the worst part and besides the dog loved me for feeding him.

A several years back I has some asparagus that was nice and crisp, not mushy like I was used to and I realized asparagus was not so bad when it was crisp. So take crisp asparagus and add some delicious maple mustard glaze and you have some mighty good asparagus.

Asparagus with Maple Mustard Glaze

Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds asparagus
  • 2 tablespoon real maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:

  1. Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus.
  2. In a large skillet bring 1 inch of water to a boil. Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is tender crisp. Drain asparagus.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard and oil. Drizzle over asparagus.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 6
Calories: 96
Total Fat: 4.8g
   Saturated: 0.7g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.7g
   Monounsaturated: 3.3g
   Trans: 9g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 131.9mg
Potassium: 352.4mg
Total Carbs: 10.7g
   Dietary Fiber: 3g
   Sugars: 6g
Protein: 3.6g
Vitamin A: 30.4%
Vitamin C: 19.4%
Calcium: 3.9%
Iron: 8.3%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...