Saturday, August 17, 2013

Nachos

Nachos: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I love Mexican food and I am always willing to try any new Mexican restaurant or eat at an old favorite one. But I always struggle with what to order. I love nachos, they are one of my favorite foods, but you can get those at practically any restaurant. So, I lean towards ordering something more "Mexican", but did I mention I love nachos!?

So when I came across this super easy recipe for nachos, I was sold. I can now make nachos any time I want freeing me up to ordering something other than nachos at a Mexican restaurant.

Nachos

I love making these nachos on my pizza pan because it is the perfect size, but you can always make them on a rimmed cookie sheet. I use probably use about 3/4 a bag of chips, I use enough chips to completely cover the pizza pan. Another great thing about this recipe is you can completely customize it by adding any toppings you want. You can also double it to feed more people.

This recipe was enough for me and my two girls (aged 4 and 7) with a salad for dinner. It seems my girls love nachos as much as I do.

Nachos

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound ground turkey
  • 1/2 cup taco sauce
  • 13 ounce bag tortilla chips
  • 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • sour cream
  • green onions

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a skillet cook ground turkey, drain. Add taco sauce and mix well.
  3. On a pizza pan spread out as many tortilla chips as needed to cover the entire pan.
  4. Spoon the meat on top of the chips. Sprinkle on the tomatoes and olives. Top with cheese.
  5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese it melted.
  6. Top with sour cream and green onions.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 3
Calories: 1120
Total Fat: 71.7g
   Saturated: 22.2g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 236.7mg
Sodium: 1418.3mg
Potassium: 566mg
Total Carbs: 87.4g
   Dietary Fiber: 7.5g
   Sugars: 7.4g
Protein: 53.4g
Vitamin A: 46.7%
Vitamin C: 32%
Calcium: 84.7%
Iron: 18.7%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from the cookbook Six Ingredients or Less by Carlean Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...