Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Ricotta Cappuccino


I had some leftover ricotta cheese from a lasagna I made and needed to use it up. So to the Internet I went in search of a recipe. Luckily one of the first pages I looked at was for this dessert.

I am a huge fan of coffee flavored desserts so I thought I would give this one a try. The texture was a bit grainy from the ricotta, but the flavor was amazing. After a few bites the texture did not bother me as much, and I just enjoyed the flavor.

This recipe is super easy to make. I did make several changes to the recipe from the website I found it on. Mainly, I wanted to be able to make this dessert without having to go to the store to buy ingredients, especially ingredients I do not normally use.

Ricotta Cappuccino

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon espresso powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

  1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process for about 1 minute.
  2. Scrap down the sides and process for 1 more minute.
  3. Pour mixture into two serving containers, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 2
Calories: 574.4
Total Fat: 12.0g
   Saturated: 8g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 60mg
Sodium: 300mg
Potassium: 0mg
Total Carbs: 32.8g
   Dietary Fiber: 0.2g
   Sugars: 28g
Protein: 12.0g
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 20%
Iron: 0.1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Culinary in the Dessert Country.

Enjoy!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...