Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

My youngest daughter was graduating preschool and the school was having a potluck after the ceremony to help celebrate. They divided everybody up by last names and assigned a category of food to bring. Luckily I got to bring a dessert, my favorite!

While I was trying to decided what to bring and what would work well if it was hot outside, I came across several cookie recipes on my dessert Pinterest board and it made me wonder "why don't I make cookies very often?".

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

That question was answered relatively quickly. Once the cookies were done, I of course had to try one for quality control check. Oh my goodness were these cookies delicious. So delicious I did not want to take any of them to the graduation potluck. But thankfully I did not need to take the whole batch, so there was some at home for the family to enjoy.

So now there was a delicious tub of cookies sitting on the kitchen counter and every time I went into the kitchen or walked through the kitchen, that tub of cookies caught my eye and I just had to eat one of those delicious cookies right away! I could not stop eating those cookies and that is probably why I do not make cookies more often. It is so easy to grab one every time you are near the kitchen and by the end of the day you have eaten more than you probably should of.

Orange Creamsicle Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons orange zest
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and creamy.
  4. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well mixed and smooth.
  5. Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until combined.
  6. Stir in the orange zest and white chocolate chips.
  7. Drop by a rounded teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet, but do not flatten.
  8. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cookies will be plump, and be careful not to overcook them.
  9. Cool for a few minutes on cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Enjoy!!!

Adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...