Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pickle Dip

Pickle Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

 If you are anything like me, you may wonder about this recipe. When I first came across it I believe my exact thoughts were "I like cream cheese, I like pickles, but together and with worcestershire, I don't know."

Since I am willing to give most new things a try I thought what the heck we will see what this tastes like. Besides I have all the ingredients on hand.


I am so glad I gave this recipe a try. It was absolutely delicious, I could not stop eating it. My husband thought it needed a bit of spice to it and suggested adding hot sauce. I was not sold on the idea of hot sauce, but some sort of spiciness might work. Then I remembered the Tabasco flavored pickles that are available and knew they would work great in this dip.

The Tabasco flavored pickles do not add a lot of spiciness, it is a very, very subtle spiciness. But it definitely makes the dip even better. I will, with out a doubt be making this dip again and again, but I will never make this dip with plain pickles again.
Pickle Dip

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup chopped Tabasco dill pickles
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons pickle juice, from jar of pickle
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients.
  2. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
If you can not find Tabasco dill pickles, add 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce with all of the other ingredients.

Serves: 4
Calories: 212.5
Total Fat: 20g
   Saturated: 14g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 60mg
Sodium: 1085mg
Potassium: 0mg
Total Carbs: 6.5g
   Dietary Fiber: 0g
   Sugars: 6.5g
Protein: 4g
Vitamin A: 12%
Vitamin C: 0%
Calcium: 4%
Iron: 0%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Ballet and Baseball.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...