Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Syrup

Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Syrup

I made this syrup to go with these strawberry pancakes. However, the syrup overpowered the strawberry pancakes. Now don't get me wrong, this syrup was incredible tasty and would go perfectly well with some plain pancakes.

The syrup originally called for Nutella, but I happened to have a jar of mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread and used that instead. Yummy!!!

I ended up with extra syrup after we were done eating and as I was trying to figure out what to do with the leftover, my brilliant husband suggested adding it to my oatmeal in the morning. Man he is a genius. It made my oatmeal taste super yummy. I will be making this syrup again and again for my oatmeal and maybe even some plain pancakes!

Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Syrup

Ingredients:

  • !/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
  • !/2 cup granulated sugar
  • !/2 cup low fat buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 heaping tablespoons Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread (or other similar product)

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, add butter, sugar, and buttermilk. Stir until melted.
  2. When the mixture starts to boil reduce heat to low and stir in baking soda and vanilla. Syrup will bubble up and rise due to the baking soda being added.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in mocha cappuccino hazelnut spread until melted.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 8
Calories: 188.8
Total Fat: 13.4g
   Saturated: 7.7g
   Polyunsaturated: 0g
   Monounsaturated: 0g
   Trans: 0g
Cholesterol: 30.9g
Sodium: 100.6g
Potassium: 28.1g
Total Carbs: 16.2g
   Dietary Fiber: 0g
   Sugars: 16.0g
Protein: 0.9g
Vitamin A: 8.4%
Vitamin C: 0.2%
Calcium: 3.1%
Iron: 0.9%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from Picky Palate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...