Thursday, April 4, 2013

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

This was my first attempt at making quinoa and let me tell you it was a good one. I believe I see more quinoa recipes in my future, actual I know I see more quinoa recipes in my future because I have a huge Costco sized bag of it in my pantry. But that is fine because I am excited to try out this "super food" in a variety of ways.

Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
  • 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
  • 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, cooked and cooled
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil

Directions:

  1. Rinse quiona and cook according to package directions.
  2. When the quinoa is done let cool completley.
  3. In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and basil. Set aside.
  4. When quinoa and corn are cool, mix together with tomatoes, peppers and onions.
  5. Pour dressing over top and mix well.
Enjoy!!!

Serves: 8
Calories: 131.3
Total Fat: 3.0g
   Saturated: 0.0g
   Polyunsaturated: 0.0g
   Monounsaturated: 0.0g
   Trans: 0.0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 57.7mg
Potassium: 135.5mg
Total Carbs: 21.2g
   Dietary Fiber: 2.3g
   Sugars: 6.4g
Protein: 5.4g
Vitamin A: 14%
Vitamin C: 81.9%
Calcium: 4.7%
Iron: 6.1%
*The nutritional information will vary slightly depending on the brands you use.
*Adapted from The Garden Grazer.

1 comment:

  1. Who doesn't want easy quinoa salad recipes? They're probably the easiest to make if not the healthiest. There are tons of salads you can come up with using quinoa and one of the yummiest I've ever tried is the Greek quinoa salad recipe.

    Dressings Company

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...