Friday, October 2, 2026

Spanish Chorizo Potato Soup

Spanish Chorizo Potato Soup: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I looked all over the meat department trying to find smoked chorizo. I thought I had found it, but it was just ground in a casing. So I had to use ground, instead of smoked. I really wanted to try the smoked chorizo, since I am a fan of smoked sausages. I guess I will have to keep looking and make this again when I find it.

Chorizo adds so much flavor to any dish it is in. It gives this soup so much good flavor and a bit of spiciness. Now once the weather gets colder and soup season officially begins, I will be ready with a delicious and spicy soup and hopefully some smoked chorizo sausage.

Spanish Chorizo Potato Soup

Ingredients:

  • 2 tablespons olive oil
  • 4 slices turkey bacon
  • 8 ounces smoked chorizo sausage, diced
  • 1 yellow onion, dices
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • 3-4 yellow potatoes, diced
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • black pepper, to taste

Directions:

  1. In a large pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the bacon and cook until crispy. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate. Leave the oil in the pot.
  2. Increase the heat to medium-high. Add in the chorizo to the pot and cook until browned.
  3. Reduce the heat to low and cook the onion until softened and a little brown around th edges, about 5-6 minutes.
  4. Add in the garlic and tomato paste, cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
  5. Add i the smoked paprika, cayenne and paprika. Cook, stirring for 20-30 seconds.
  6. Pour in the chicken broth. Add in the potatoes.
  7. Increase the heat to hit and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
  8. Stir in the cream and bacon. Season with black pepper.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
If you can not find smoked chorizo you can use ground chorizo.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 443

Total Fat

25g

    Saturated Fat

10.1g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.3g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.1 g

Cholesterol

75.5mg

Sodium

1467.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

36.1g

    Dietary Fiber

3.9g

    Sugars

3.9g

Protein

21g

Calcium

4.1%

Iron

617%

Potassium

825mg

Vitamin A

77.9%

Vitamin C

5.6%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment