The other day I was really craving a grilled cheese. As I was getting out ingredients to make it I saw a few pieces of bacon and remembered this recipe. So it only made sense to make it, it satisfied my craving and used up the bacon.
I had everything I needed to make this recipe except sourdough, so I had to settle for the bread that was in the house. The grilled cheese hit the spot and I loved the addition of the crunchy, salty bacon. The only thing that would make it better would be sourdough bread.
Bacon Grilled Cheese
Ingredients:
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
Directions:
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spread the butter on to one side of each slice of bread. Place the bread butter side down.
- Top one slice of bread with half of both cheeses. Place the bacon on top of the cheese and then sprinkle on the remaining cheeses. Place the remaining slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Sprinkle half of the parmesan cheese into the skillet and place the sandwich on top. Cook until the bread is lightly golden an cheese is starting to melt. Remove the sandwich and sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese into the skillet and place the sandwich, toasted side up onto the cheese. Cook until lightly golden and cheese is melted.
Enjoy!!!
|
Nutrition Facts |
||
|
Servings: 1 |
||
|
Amount Per Serving |
||
|
Calories: 778 |
||
|
Total Fat |
47.7g |
|
|
Saturated Fat |
29.2g |
|
|
Trans Fat |
0g |
|
|
Polyunsaturated Fat |
0g |
|
|
Monounsaturated Fat |
0g |
|
|
Cholesterol |
166.5mg |
|
|
Sodium |
1557.8mg |
|
|
Total Carbohydrates |
46.2g |
|
|
Dietary Fiber |
0g |
|
|
Sugars |
0g |
|
|
Protein |
38.2g |
|
|
Calcium |
61.4% |
|
|
Iron |
16% |
|
|
Potassium |
25.8mg |
|
|
Vitamin A |
0% |
|
|
Vitamin C |
0% |
|
|
*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use. |
||
*Adapted from Insanely Good Recipes.

No comments:
Post a Comment