Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Dried Cherry Toasted Almond Chicken Salad

Dried Cherry Toasted Almond Chicken Salad: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Normally when a recipe calls a certain amount of cups of cooked shredded chicken I always just go with 1 chicken breast equals 1 cup. Most times that does not make a difference in the finished product if there is a bit more chicken. However with this salad it did make a difference and I ended up with a drier chicken salad than I like. The next day when I tried it I  had to add a bit more mayo and sour cream. But of course I did not think to take new pictures since I had taken pictures the day before. So I guess I will have to make this delicious salad again sooner than later so I can take new pictures.

Dried Cherry Toasted Almond Chicken Salad

Ingredients:

Dressing

  • 1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 3 teaspoons honey
  • 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Chicken Salad

  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds
  • 3 cups shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup finely diced celery
  • 1/2 cup dried cherries, roughly chopped
  • 3 green onions, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, everything bagel seasoning and black pepper until well combined.
  2. Add the sliced almonds to a dry skillet and toast over medium-low heat, tossing occasionally until golden, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
  3. To the bowl with the dressing add in the chicken, celery, dried cherries, onions, parsley and cooled almonds. Mix well.
  4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 5

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 322

Total Fat

11.6g

    Saturated Fat

0.9g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

3.3g

    Monounsaturated Fat

4g

Cholesterol

3.7mg

Sodium

172.9mg

Total Carbohydrates

17.6g

    Dietary Fiber

2g

    Sugars

11.9g

Protein

35.5g

Calcium

5.8%

Iron

3.4%

Potassium

148.9mg

Vitamin A

12.8%

Vitamin C

7.2%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Simply Scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment