Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Horchata Iced Latte

Coconut Horchata Iced Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I love horchata, you can read more about it here. The idea of combining it with coffee sounded beyond delicious to me. I made this coffee drink using my horchata recipe as a base, and added some cold brew coffee. The result was absolutely delicious! The temptation to drink more was so strong, but I resisted so I could enjoy it again the next day. 

For the sake of this coffee I worked the recipe to make a smaller batch since my original makes a lot and not everyone would want to make a batch that makes 10 servings, but you totally can, cause I did. Since the horchata has some idle time, I made it the night before so I could have my coffee in the morning and the horchata would be cold, perfect for an iced coffee.

Horchata Iced Latte

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces water
  • 1/4 cup white rice, uncooked
  • ground cinnamon, to taste
  • 7 1/2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 7 tablespoons evaporated milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • coffee ice cubes
  • 1/2 cup cold brew coffee

Directions:

  1. Wash and drain the rice,
  2. Pour 4 ounces of water into a small pot and bring it to a boil. Add in the rice and remove from the heat. Let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours.
  3. Transfer the rice and water mixture to a blender and add in the ground cinnamon. Blend the mixture well. Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or several layers of cheese cloth. Transfer the mixture to a jar.
  4. Add in the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk and remaining 12 ounces water, some more ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well mixed. Refrigerate until cold
  5. Add coffee ice cubes to a glass and pour in the coffee. 
  6. Shake the horchata well and pour 1 cup over the coffee.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 24

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 159

Total Fat

2.9g

    Saturated Fat

1.4g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.5g

Cholesterol

9.4mg

Sodium

68.6mg

Total Carbohydrates

26g

    Dietary Fiber

0.2g

    Sugars

22.4g

Protein

4.9g

Calcium

15.3%

Iron

0.7%

Potassium

226.3mg

Vitamin A

1.9%

Vitamin C

1.9%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...