Friday, December 29, 2023

Dirty Chai Tea Latte

Dirty Chai Tea Latte: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I have to admit something, when I first heard about chai tea lattes and tried them I assumed latte meant they had coffee in them. One day after a race I really needed a big pick me up and asked the barista to add an extra shot to my chai tea latte. She informed me that there is no coffee in it, but the tea has some caffeine. Then told me she could make me a dirty chai tea with a shot of espresso. It was delicious and had the caffeine I desperately needed. It may have taken me a lot of years to finally make my own version at home, but I am so glad I did.

Easy Chai Tea Latte

Ingredients:

  • 1 chai tea bag
  • 1/2 cup hot boiling water
  • 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
  • 3 tablespoons half and half
  • 9 tablespoons milk, about
  • 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup

Directions:

  1. Place the tea bag in a mug and pour the boiling water over the tea bag and let steep for 3-5 minutes.
  2. Place the half and half into a glass measuring cup and add enough milk to make 3/4 cup. Stir in the maple syrup. Heat in the microwave until the milk is hot, but not boiling. 
  3. Remove the measuring glass from the microwave and use a frother to froth the milk, if desired.
  4. Once the tea bag is done steeping, remove it from the mug, pour in the coffee followed by the milk.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 173

Total Fat

5.9g

    Saturated Fat

3.8g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Cholesterol

28.1mg

Sodium

96.4mg

Total Carbohydrates

21.9g

    Dietary Fiber

0g

    Sugars

21.5g

Protein

6.2g

Calcium

23.4%

Iron

0.5%

Potassium

352.3mg

Vitamin A

5.6%

Vitamin C

1.1%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...