Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Kahula Iced Coffee

Kahula Iced Coffee: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This drink was a recipe for disaster from the start, but in the end it all worked out and was such a delicious drink. 

It all started when I went to make this for my morning coffee. (Hey, it was a rough week and a little alcohol in my Saturday morning coffee seemed appropriate!), but I realized after I brewed the coffee it had to refrigerate. Okay, I guess I can drink it later and make something different for my morning coffee. So I proceed with the recipe only to realize I did not have Bailey's, which the original recipe called for. Okay, I do have Kahula and that goes well with coffee so lets move on. I then pour the heavy cream to realize I only have 1/2 a cup, not 1 cup. Ugh! I had already prepared step one and wasn't sure what I would do with it, I guess I could just drink it. Well, I took a breath and thought about it. A whole cup did seem like it would made the drink more of a mousse, plus I did not think it would have enough coffee flavor. The whipping cream to coffee ratio didn't seem right for a drink, so I decided to proceed again with the 1/2 cup I had. I finished the drink and stuck it in the refrigerator and hoped for the best.

That afternoon I pulled the drink out of the refrigerator gave it a stir and took pictures, just in case it turned out. Well, after one sip I knew it was a keeper and the prefect afternoon pick me up. Even with everything trying to go wrong with this recipe it turned out delicious. Next time I think I will try it with Baileys.

Kahula Iced Coffee

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1 ounce dark chocolate
  • 1/2 cup strong coffee, very hot
  • 2 tablespoons Kahula
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:

  1. In a medium bowl, add in the sugar and chocolate. Pour the hot coffee over top and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow the mixture to cool.
  2. Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the Kahula. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
  3. In another medium bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Slowly add to the coffee mixture and stir gently, until combined. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
  4. Gently stir before serving.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 638

Total Fat

50g

    Saturated Fat

35g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Cholesterol

160mg

Sodium

42.4mg

Total Carbohydrates

37.5g

    Dietary Fiber

2g

    Sugars

27.3g

Protein

10.1g

Calcium

0.2%

Iron

4.1%

Potassium

58.1mg

Vitamin A

0%

Vitamin C

0%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...