Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce

Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I am a mustard fan. If I am eating a hotdog, which is rare for me to do, but it is mustard only, no ketchup. On my turkey sandwich, it has to have mustard, sometimes mayo or miracle whip as well, but mustard is a must. One of my favorite salad dressings is honey mustard. These new Hot Mustard Doritos, I would totally try them, if there were in my area and I could buy some. They sound delicious, mustard flavor and spiciness, sign me up.

So it is no surprise that I had to try this sauce and I absolutely love it. It is one of those recipes, where I do not care what my family thinks or rates it, I'm keeping the recipe!

I used this sauce to baste some chicken breasts while they were cooking and then poured some more sauce on top for serving. I also used some on my turkey sandwich and even dipped my carrots in the sauce. This sauce would even taste good with some ham. There are so many possibilities for using this sauce. If you make this sweet and tangy sauce I would love for you to comment how you used it.

Carolina Mustard Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter

Directions:

  1. In a medium saucepan, add in the mustard, sugar, chili powder, pepper, cayenne, garlic and onion powder. Stir to combine.
  2. Pour in the vinegar and water, stirring to combine. 
  3. Cut the butter into 1 tablespoon pieces and add to the saucepan.
  4. Heat over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, for 20 minutes.
  5. Allow the sauce to cool completely before transferring to a container and storing in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 24, 2 tablespoons

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 44

Total Fat

1.4g

    Saturated Fat

0.9g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

    Monounsaturated Fat

0.4g

Cholesterol

3.8mg

Sodium

169.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

8.4g

    Dietary Fiber

0.2g

    Sugars

8g

Protein

0.1g

Calcium

0.2%

Iron

0.4%

Potassium

11.3mg

Vitamin A

8.8%

Vitamin C

0.1%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Simply Scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...