Monday, June 6, 2022

Make Again Monday: Jambalaya


Wow, the month of May just flew by. Between the end of my school year, kids activities, races and trying to finish a counted cross stitch for my mom's birthday this month came and went and I didn't get the chance to blog much. Even though I am disappointed I finished the counted cross stitch a week late, I am so happy to be done with it and so are my wrists and hands. It is a project I have been working on for about 10 years. Carpal tunnel and tendinitis in both hands/wrists have made it very difficult to work on. I decided I wanted to get it done and spent every free minute working on it and stayed up late many times trying hence why I was not posting much this past month. Hopefully I will be able to get back to my normal blog schedule, although my wrists/hands may have something to say about that. I'd better get to this recipe before the pain gets too much and I can't finish this post.

This jambalaya is one of the first meals I made that became a family favorite. When I first started making this rice dish, I used white rice, now I use brown rice. It is every easy to make this switch, the only change needed is the time it takes to simmer. Brown rice takes longer to cook so instead of simmering for 20 minutes, it takes about 45-60 minutes. 

To see the recipe and original post click here.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...