Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Cheesy Jalapeño Tuna Noodle

 

My husband loves his grandma's Tuna Noodle Casserole, you can read more about it here. I have tried a few different tuna noodle casseroles, but none ever compare to his grandma's. There was this cheesy one, Cheesy Tuna Noodle, that kind of, sort of, maybe passed as an acceptable tuna noodle. And now I can add this one to the list of acceptable tuna noodles that he will eat, but do not even come close to the one his grandma made.


This tuna noodle originally comes from one of Chrissy Teigens cookbooks. I have seen several blogs post their version and I took one of those versions and modified it to fit my family. Mainly I left out the peas, my husband and I do not like peas in our tuna noodle. Well, I also left out the celery. When I was planning this meal I was just not feeling the celery in a tuna noodle casserole.

This is a classic tuna noodle casserole loaded with cheese and has a spicy little kick to it, thanks to the fresh jalapeños and jalapeño chips. I absolutely loved this tuna noodle, but how could I not! I love spicy things and I love cheesy things.

Cheesy Jalapeño Tuna Noodle

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces cavatappi pasta
  • 3-10.5 ounce cans low sodium cream of mushroom soup
  • 3-5 ounce cans tuna fish, drained
  • 12 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/4 cup diced jalapeños
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper

Topping

  • 3 cups jalapeño flavored kettle chips
  • 4 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Spray a deep 9x13 inch baking dish with coking spray.
  2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, cooking 2 minutes less than the lowest cook time. Drain the pasta well and transfer to a large bowl.
  3. To the pasta, add the mushroom soup, tuna fish, cheddar cheese, milk, jalapeños and black pepper. Stir to combine all the ingredients well. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
  4. Place the chips into a large ziploc bag and crush them, leaving some fairly big pieces.
  5. Add the cheese to the bag and toss to combine. Sprinkle the mixture over the tuna noodle.
  6. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is golden and the casserole is bubbling hot.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
I used tuna packed in water.

Instead of kettle chips you could use regular jalapeño potato chips.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 679

Total Fat

31.7g

    Saturated Fat

12g

    Trans Fat

0g

    Polyunsaturated Fat

0.3g

    Monounsaturated Fat

2g

Cholesterol

86.2mg

Sodium

1,330.8mg

Total Carbohydrates

56.6g

    Dietary Fiber

2.7g

    Sugars

5.7g

Protein

37.5g

Calcium

6.4%

Iron

12.7%

Potassium

330.6mg

Vitamin A

2.9%

Vitamin C

6.6%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...