Friday, October 1, 2021

Pumpkin Pudding

Pumpkin Pudding: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I already have a pumpkin pudding that my family really enjoys. The only problem is that it call for coconut cream, an ingredient that I do not ever have on hand. I have to plan ahead to make that pumpkin pudding.

Ever since I made that coconut cream pumpkin pudding, I have wanted to make a pumpkin pudding that uses ingredients that I normally have on hand so I can easily use leftover pumpkin puree to make a delicious pudding.

It may have taken a few years, but I finally got around to making a pumpkin pudding that uses common everyday ingredients that I always have on hand. Plus it tastes just like the filling of a pumpkin pie, which according to my husband is the best part of the pie.

Pumpkin Pudding

Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg

Directions:

  1. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together the milk and egg. Set aside.
  2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. 
  3. Place the saucepan over medium heat and slowly whisk in the milk and egg mixture.
  4. Bring the mixture to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute while continuing to stir constantly.
  5. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
  6. In a small bowl. whisk together the pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
  7. Gradually add the pumpkin mixture to the saucepan while whisking constantly. Whisk until well blended.
  8. Place the saucepan over low heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring constantly.
  9. Transfer the pudding to individual serving dish or one single dish and cover with plastic wrap. Placing the plastic wrap directly on top of the pudding.
  10. Refrigerate until well chilled.
  11. Serve with whipped cream on top.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from cincyshopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...