Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

This school year, some of the snacks I have been making for them they have not enjoyed as well as others. Some snacks have been remakes of previous snacks and now they say they do not like them. My oldest likes to throw out the fact that "Tastes change you know, it's true." (with attitude) when I point out I made the snack before and they liked or loved it. These teenage years are rough and she has had teenage like attitude since she was 4 or 5, I naively thought the attitude couldn't get worse, boy was I wrong!


Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I did not try these breakfast cookies, I made them for my girls to have as snacks after school. They both liked them and said they would eat them again. So I will take that as a success. I think part of the reason they liked them so much is that I called them a cookie. Next time I think that I need to make sure I try one, they looked and smelled good and had a soft texture.

Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 3 1/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl whisk together the egg, peanut butter, pumpkin puree and oil. Add in the maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
  3. Stir in the flour and then stir in the coconut and oats until everything is combined.
  4. Fold in the dried cranberries.
  5. Use 1/2 cup measuring cup, scoop out the dough and drop onto the parchment paper. Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press down on the dough to flatten slightly.
  6. Bake for 10-14 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned and set.
  7. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet until completely cool.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 12

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 238

Total Fat

13.6g

Saturated Fat

3.1g

Polyunsaturated Fat

3.1g

Monounsaturated Fat

5.4g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

15.4mg

Sodium

67.8mg

Potassium

27.4mg

Total Carbohydrates

25.8g

Dietary Fiber

3.8g

Sugars

4.3g

Protein

5.8g

Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.5%

Calcium 12.2% Iron 7.1%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Life Made Sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...