Thursday, November 14, 2019

Kahlua Fudge

Kahlua Fudge: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I had some leftover sweetened condensed milk from a previous recipe and was looking for a way to use it up, but of course most recipes call for a whole can. Then I happened on this fudge recipe. I had all of the ingredients in the house so I quickly whipped up a batch.

It was really hard to wait for the fudge to set up in the refrigerator but as soon as it was ready I ate a piece and gave one to my husband.

The fudge is so creamy with a subtle Kahlua taste. We both ended up eating another piece right away,

After I measure out the Kahlua I realized I had a bout 1 tablespoon or less left in the bottle and there was no ay I was going to save that little amount, so I added the rest to the fudge. Just be careful not to add too much extra or the fudge will not set up.

Kahlua Fudge

Ingredients:

  • 1 teaspoon unsalted butter (about)
  • 24 ounces good quality white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup kahlua

Directions:

  1. Line a 9 inch square pan with aluminum foil. Grease the foil with about 1 teaspoon butter, you may need more, you wanted to foil to be lightly coated, but completely coated so it makes removing the fudge easier.
  2. In a large saucepan, add in the white chocolate and cook over low heat until melted.
  3. Add in the butter and milk, stirring until well combined.
  4. Remove from the heat and stir in the kahlua, stirring until well combined.
  5. Spread the fudge into an even layer in the prepared pan. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
  6. Remove the fudge from the pan and remove the foil from the fudge. Cut the fudge into about 1 inch squares.
  7. Store the fudge in an air tight container in the refrigerator with wax paper or parchment paper in between the layers of fudge.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Taste of Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...