Friday, June 21, 2019

Bacon Measurements

Bacon Measurements: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Sometimes recipes will list bacon in cups of cooked and crumbled. I don't know about you, but for me it is frustrating, because that doesn't tell me how many slices of bacon I need to cook. So I always have to look up how many slices of bacon I need. I have always used the same website for this information and thought you might find this information useful and well. I also included a resource on substituting bacon slices for bacon bits.

This conversion is approximate, depending on what kind of bacon you use you might need an extra piece or two or have an extra piece or two. Some bacon slices are thinner or thicker than other. I use turkey bacon and this conversion has usually be spot on for me.

Bacon Conversion From Cooked and Crumbled to Slices
1/4 cup = 4 slices
1/3 cup = 5 slices
1/2 cup = 8 slices
2/3 cup = 10 slices
3/4 cup= 12 slices
1 cup = 16 slices

*info from Culinary Lore.

Amount of Real Bacon for Real Bacon Bits
1 slice = 2-teaspoons
1 1/2 slices = 1 tablespoon
6 slices = 1/4 cup
12 slices = 1/2 cup
18 slices = 3/4 cup
24 slices = 1 cup
3 ounce container = 1 1/2 pounds

*info from The Spruce Eats.

I hope this info helps you as much as it helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...