Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Key Lime Snack Mix

Key Lime Snack Mix: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

When I first tried this snack mix I was not sure about it. It tasted good, but I was not sure it was something I wanted to make again, let alone blog. Then the next day at work I couldn't wait to get home and have it again.

As I was eating it again, I realized my issue was the fact that it was missing the key lime flavor I love so much. But that is because I substituted limes for key limes. I have never seen key limes in my grocery store. I have lived in in three different sates in the midwest and have never come across ley limes. One of these days I hope to find key limes so I do not have to substitute with bottled key lime juice or fresh limes.

Key Lime Snack Mix

Ingredients:

  • 4 cups golden grahams cereal
  • 2 cups mini pretzels
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 12 ounces white chocolate chips
  • 4 key limes zested, divided

Directions:

  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Add the golden grahams, pretzels and marshmallows to a large bowl and stir to combine.
  3. Add the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 25 seconds and then stir. Continue to microwave in 25 second intervals stirring in between until fully melted. Do not over heat the chocolate or it will seize up.
  4. Add 3/4 of the key lime zest into the chocolate and stir to mix.
  5. Pour the chocolate over the cereal mixture and gently stir to mix.
  6. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet, sprinkle with the remaining zest and squeeze some key lime juice over the mixture.
  7. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
  8. Break into bite sized pieces and serve.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...