Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies

Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I am very particular about nuts. I typically do not like nuts in sweets and breads and I do not like pecans and walnuts. I decided to make these cookies for a church function since they were easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand. Also, I knew that I would not want to make a second batch to keep at home because with all of those pecans in it there was no way I was going to like them.

When I tasted part of a cookie, I was shocked, completely shocked. These cookies are so delicious! I was really hoping there would be some leftovers so I would not have to make another batch and thankfully there was. I can't believe I am going to say thins, but I was sad when these cookies were all gone. I never would have thought I would love a cookie packed full of pecans so much.

Coconut Pecan Praline Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
  • 2 1/2 cups chopped pecans
  • 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. In a medium bowl combine the coconut and pecans. Set aside.
  2. In medium saucepan, stir together the sugar, evaporated milk, corn syrup and butter.
  3. Heat and stir constantly over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a full boil.
  4. Let boil and continue to stir for 3 minutes.
  5. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
  6. Then stir in the coconut and pecans.
  7. Stir constantly off the heat for 4 minutes.
  8. Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto waxed paper or silpats and let harden completely before serving.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
The cookies will change color as they cool and harden.

Makes about 20 large cookies.
*Adapted from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...