Thursday, December 27, 2018

Bacon Egg and Cheese Pockets

Bacon Egg and Cheese Pockets: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Christmas for us did not go as expected, but it went as well as it could go considering I had the flu along with a nasty cold. I feel as though I am finally starting to feel better, like my old self again, but also taking it easy so I can continue to get better.

Between my job and Christmas and then getting sick, I have not been able to blog like I want to, but I am hoping I get back to my normal blog schedule. But if I miss a day or two, just know that I will post a recipe as soon as I can.

Now on to these Breakfasts Pockets. They have a flaky, crispy crust with a cheesy, egg and bacon filling. Instead of bacon you could also use cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage or diced ham.

Bacon Egg and Cheese Pockets

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 eggs, lightly beaten
  • black pepper, to taste
  • 1- 8 ounce tube crescent rolls
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
  2. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat.
  3. Add in the eggs and cook until they just begin to set, season with black pepper. Continue to cook and scramble the eggs just until no visible liquid remains, about 3-5 minutes. Do not overcook as they will cook more in the oven.
  4. Remove the rolls from the can and separate them into 4 rectangles, 2 rectangles each. Firmly press the seams together to seal. Roll or press each rectangle into a 6x4 inch rectangle.
  5. Evenly divide the eggs, bacon and cheese between the four rectangles and place on the top half of each rectangle.
  6. Fold the dough over the filling and firmly press the edges together to seal.
  7. Place the pockets onto the prepared baking sheet.
  8. Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
The bottoms of my pockets got golden brown before the tops did, so make sure to watch the bottoms of these pocket as well as the tops so they do not burn.


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 4

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 370

Total Fat

27.4g

Saturated Fat

11.8g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1.7g

Monounsaturated Fat

5.2g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

225mg

Sodium

623.4mg

Potassium

80mg

Total Carbohydrates

16g

Dietary Fiber

0.2g

Sugars

2.7g

Protein

16.4g

Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 22.3% Iron 9.7%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Damn Delicious.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...