Friday, June 8, 2018

Bacon, Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken

Bacon, Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

It is so frustrating when a dish looks nothing like the picture. That happened to me with this chicken recipe. I took it out of the oven and it look nothing like the picture and I pretty much decided I was not going to keep the recipe, because it looked nothing like the picture and it did not look very pretty. But after one bite I changed my mind. It was so good and I loved the sweetness of it.

With my blog I make a point to take pictures of the food as soon as it is ready. I do not do a lot of staging, or fixing up of the food. I want you all to see the food as it really looks. This recipe is a great example of that. It does not look the best, but it really tasted good and is worth making.

Bacon, Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 12 slices bacon

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
  2. In a large bowl combine the brown sugar, garlic and black pepper until well mixed.
  3. Coat both sides of the chicken with the brown sugar mixture.
  4. Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon, trying to keep the ends of the bacon pieces on the bottom of the chicken breasts so they do not come unwrapped while cooking.
  5. Place the chicken breast into a baking dish with at least 2 inch high sides.
  6. Top the chicken breasts with the remaining brown sugar mixture.
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Servings: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 317

Total Fat

5.5g

Saturated Fat

1g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

126.3mg

Sodium

281.5mg

Potassium

104.1mg

Total Carbohydrates

25.5g

Dietary Fiber

0.1g

Sugars

23.8g

Protein

40.8g

Vitamin A 0.03% Vitamin C 2.21%

Calcium 2.88% Iron 4.51%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Dinner Then Dessert.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...