Thursday, October 26, 2017

Caesar Angel Hair Pasta

Caesar Angel Hair Pasta: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Caesar salad and I have a history. I used to love caesar salad when I was growing up. Then when planning the meal for my wedding I discover that the dressing has anchovies in it. I do not like fish or seafood, let alone anchovies. Right then and there I stopped eating caesar salad.

In the past few years I have started eating caesar salad again, occasionally. I still struggle with the fact that it has anchovies in it, but I am trying. When I saw this recipe, I was unsure about making it, but my husband loves caesar salad so I decided to give it a try. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it.

When making this pasta make sure you use a good quality caesar dressing because that is the main flavor of the dish.

Caesar Angel Hair Pasta

Ingredients:

  • 16 ounces angel hair pasta
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ground black pepper
  • 6 slices bacon, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
  • 16 ounces good quality Caesar dressing
  • 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions:

  1. In a large skillet, over medium- high heat, heat the oil. Season both sides of the chicken with black pepper and add to the skillet. Cook on both sides turning once until completely cooked. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Wipe the skillet clean.
  2. Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain, reserving the pasta water.
  3. In the skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve two tablespoon bacon fat in the skillet. If there is not two tablespoons worth add some olive oil.
  4. Add the garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the chicken stock and cook stirring often until it has slightly reduced down. Add in the Caesar dressing and bring the mixture to a slight simmer. Add in the parmesan cheese and lemon juice and stir to combine.
  5. Add the noodles, chicken and bacon to the skillet and stir to combine. If the sauce is too thick add in 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 865

Total Fat

53.6g

Saturated Fat

9.9g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0.9g

Monounsaturated Fat

2.7g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

83.5mg

Sodium

1385.5mg

Potassium

179.4mg

Total Carbohydrates

61.5g

Dietary Fiber

2.9g

Sugars

5.6g

Protein

41.1g

Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 5.97%

Calcium 13.27% Iron 16.3%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...