Monday, June 26, 2017

Tropical Overnight Oats

Tropical Overnight Oats: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

There has been some major changes happening in the Savory Sweet and Satisfying household. We have moved from the state of Illinois to Ohio, due to my husbands new job. It has been a stressful move and I was hoping that I would not miss a day of posting a new recipe, but unfortunately that did not happen. Not having a kitchen for about a week and finding out I forgot to take pictures of some recipes before the move caused me to be unable to post a new recipe for some days.

But now that I have a kitchen this is mostly unpacked, I am able to do some cooking. At first I was eating cereal for breakfast, but found that it did not tide me over until lunch time, with all of the unpacking and moving boxes, plus with my morning run. So when I was doing my meal planning, I choose some overnight oats to make. I love how easy they are to prepare and how delicious they taste. I prepare them the night before, and then the next day I get to enjoy a delicious and filling breakfast that will keep me full until lunch time.

Tropical Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
  • 2 tablespoons pineapple tidbits
  • 1 tablespoon shredded coconut

Directions:

  1. In a 16 ounce mason jar or other resealable container add the oats, then the milk, followed by the yogurt, kiwi, pineapple and coconut.
  2. Refrigerate overnight.
  3. In the morning stir everything together.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 1

Amount Per Serving

Calories 351

Total Fat

9.1g

Saturated Fat

5.2g

Polyunsaturated Fat

1.2g

Monounsaturated Fat

1g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

10g

Sodium

109.5g

Potassium

282.5g

Total Carbohydrates

51.6g

Dietary Fiber

8.2g

Sugars

17.6g

Protein

17.2g

Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 110.5%

Calcium 28.25% Iron 12.25%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Damn Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...