Thursday, December 29, 2016

Cranberry Fluff Salad

Cranberry Fluff: Savory Sweet and Satisfying


Over the years I have seen many different varieties on fluff salads. They all look and sound good, but I have never made one. The reason is they use cool whip and that is not an ingredient I use. I have always thought about trying to find a way to make the fluff salads with using something in place of the cool whip, but it has never been high on my list of things to do.

Then one day I came across a recipe for a cranberry fluff and almost did not look at it, because I was sure it used cool whip. But with my love of cranberries I just had to look at the recipe and to my surprise it did not call for cool whip. I was so excited and it just happens to be cranberry season, that I immediately put it on my list of recipes to make.

This salad was delicious that I will definitely be making it every holiday season.

Cranberry Fluff Salad

Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces fresh cranberries
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 8 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
  • 2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream

Directions:

  1. Add the cranberries to a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped, but not mushy.
  2. Transfer the chopped cranberries to a large bowl. Add in the sugar and crushed pineapple, juice included. Stir until well mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
  3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the cream and whip until still peak form. Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cranberry mixture and then fold in the mini marshmallows. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 10

Amount Per Serving

Calories 332

Total Fat

19.6g

Saturated Fat

13.6g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

76g

Sodium

63.7g

Potassium

58.9g

Total Carbohydrates

36.5g

Dietary Fiber

1.8g

Sugars

29.4g

Protein

1.4g

Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 11.5%

Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.9%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


*Adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...