Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Peppermint Stick Ice Cream

Peppermint Stick Ice Cream: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Holy cow is this ice cream delicious. Next time I may have to make two batches of it, because it did not last long in my freezer and I was sad when it was all gone.

The ice cream had the perfect amount of peppermint flavor and it was nice and easy to scoop right out of the freezer, because of its soft texture.

Peppermint Stick Ice Cream

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups half and half
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2/3 cup crushed candy canes

Directions:

  1. Place freezer safe container, for storing the ice cream, in the freezer.
  2. In a large bowl combine the half and half, heavy cream and sugar. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in both extracts.
  3. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer's directions.
  4. During the last five minutes of churn time add in the crushed candy canes.
  5. Remove storage container from freezer and transfer ice cream into it. Put lid on and freeze.
Enjoy!!!

Notes:
When I crushed my candy canes, I left some pieces and did not completely crush it into a powder. I wanted to have some pieces of candy canes in my ice cream.

Adapted from Your Homebased Mom.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...