Thursday, November 9, 2017

Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce

Homemade Applesauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

I had some apples that were not being eaten, so I decided to make applesauce. When I went to look up my recipe for crock pot applesauce I realized that I only had flavored applesauces. Not sure how that happened, but now I have a recipe for plain applesauce.

You may have noticed in the picture that the applesauce has a dark appearance to it. That is because I leave the peels on my apples, because that is where so much of the apples nutrients are. Plus cooking the apples in the crock pot makes them so soft that I am able to puree the peels right in with the apples.


Homemade Crock Pot Applesauce
Ingredients:
  • 12 cups chopped apples
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Combine all of the ingredients in a crock pot.
  2. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the apples are very soft.
  3. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer, in batches, to a blender and bend to your desired consistency.
  4. Transfer to glass jars and allow to cool completely before refrigerating or freezing.
Enjoy!!!

Nutrition Facts
Serves: 14, 1/2 cup servings
Amount Per Serving
Calories 139
Total Fat
0g
Saturated Fat
0g
Polyunsaturated Fat
0g
Monounsaturated Fat
0g
Trans Fat
0g
Cholesterol
0mg
Sodium
0.4mg
Potassium
223.7mg
Total Carbohydrates
36.4g
Dietary Fiber
4.4g
Sugars
28.6g
Protein
0.9g
Vitamin A 1.72% Vitamin C 6.87%
Calcium 1.92% Iron 3.52%
*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...