Monday, July 17, 2017

Cooking up a disaster!

It feels like forever since my last post, but it has only been 10 days. Much longer than I would have liked it to be. But some unforeseen disasters have happen. They have not happened in the kitchen, but have caused me not to be able to post.

The first disaster happen when the power went out causing the internet to go out. Thankfully the power out happened sometime during the night and came back on before morning. However the internet did not come back on and after trying everything I could to fix it for my dad (I'm at my parents cottage) I told him it was time for a call to the company. After a rather typical phone call with the internet company it was determined that a tech needed to come out, but could not for 3 days. Plus my cell phone reception up here is 3g and 1 bar and some times extended with 1 bar. The day the tech came out I was headed back to my new house to deal with some instillations and delivery so I knew I would be able to spend some time working on the blog and getting some recipes and posts done. But then disaster number two happened.

There was an incident with a beer and my laptop bag which just happened to have my laptop in it. There was beer everywhere in my bag the lap top was soaked with beer. Thankfully my external hard drives were not damaged and thankfully I had backup my laptop, but unfortunately it had been about a month since the last back up due to the craziness of the move. So I lost all of my recent blog pictures. But thankfully Apple was able to recover my files and my husband had an extra laptop I could use. But then I was back on the road for a race and then back up to my parents cottage.

So this week I am hoping to be able to start posting again. And once I get back home at the end of the month and back into my kitchen I should be able to resume my normal posting schedule since I will be cooking more again.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Savory Sweet and Satisfying

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...