Friday, April 21, 2017

Homemade French Onion Dip

Homemade French Onion Dip: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

Recently at a Sunday coffee hour my girls had some veggie straw and a dip. They insisted that I try it because it was so good. I asked them if it was french onion dip and of course they responded with "I don't know.". So I tried it and confirmed it was french onion dip. My girls then asked if I could make some and buy some veggie straws to go with it. 

Of course I was more than willing to make a homemade version, but I really wanted it to be without the packaged french onion mix. So after a bit of looking I found one and tried it out. Initially I did not add salt to the dip, but when I tried it, it was just not the same. So I added a bit of salt and it amazed me at how much better it tasted, it tasted just like store bought. 

I hear it all the time how a little bit of salt brings the dish together, but with cooking low sodium foods I never add extra salt. So trying the dip before adding salt and after adding salt I really noticed the difference.

Homemade French Onion Dip

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon dried chopped onions
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1 pinch garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried parsley

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, mixing until well blended.
  2. Taste and adjust any seasonings if needed.
  3. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend and the dried onions to soften.
Enjoy!!!


Nutrition Facts

Serves: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories 84

Total Fat

6.7g

Saturated Fat

4.7g

Polyunsaturated Fat

0g

Monounsaturated Fat

0g

Trans Fat

0g

Cholesterol

26.7g

Sodium

88.3g

Potassium

66.4g

Total Carbohydrates

3.7g

Dietary Fiber

0.1g

Sugars

1.4g

Protein

1.4g

Vitamin A 5.37% Vitamin C 0.32%

Calcium 5.58% Iron 0.19%

*Nutritional information will vary depending on the brands you use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...