Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Cadbury Egg Fudge


Cadbury Eggs have always been my favorite Easter treat. Even now as an adult I still will buy myself a few Cadbury Eggs to enjoy. Plus the commercials are the best. I look forward to those commercials every year, they always make me smile. In fact one year for Easter my husband bought me a Cadbury stuffed bunny that when you squeeze it, it balks like the commercials. 

Well when I saw a recipe for a homemade cadbury fudge, I was skepitcal. Very few copy cat recipes taste excalty the same as the original. They come close, but are never quite the same. Well this recipe is different, it taste exactly the same as a Cadbury Egg, exactly the same. Now I can have a Cadbury Egg any time I want instead of having to wait for Easter!

Cadbury Egg Fudge

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • yellow food coloring
  • 16 ounces milk chocolate

Directions:

  1. With a mixer, beat together the butter and corn syrup until well combined. Add in the vanilla, powdered sugar and milk. Beat until smooth. Transfer 2/3 of the mixture to a separate bowl and mix in several drops of food coloring.
  2. Line a 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper allowing some to overhanging the dish.
  3. Melt the chocolate and pour half of it into the prepared baking dish, spreading it into an even layer, covering the bottom of the pan. Gently spread the white mixture over the chocolate. Drop spoonfuls of the yellow mixture on the white and gently spread into an even layer. Pour remaining melted chocolate over top, spreading into an even layer. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.
  4. Remove the fudge from the pan using the overhang of parchment paper to lift it out. Use a very, very hot knife and cut into squares. Store the fudge in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Shugary Sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...