Friday, March 10, 2017

Crock Pot Cranberry Applesauce

Cranberry Applesauce: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

My girls have been really enjoying homemade applesauce. When I ask them what fruit they want for school lunches they both agree with a homemade applesauce. They have also been helping to pick the next flavor of applesauce.

When one of them mentioned cranberries, I agreed that would make a great applesauce flavor. I was going to use my standard recipe and just add some fresh cranberries, but then a recipe for cranberry applesauce appeared in my feed on Pinterest. I figured it was worth a try and I am glad I tried it. It was delicious with subtle cranberry flavor.

Crock Pot Cranberry Applesauce

Ingredients:

  • 3 pounds apples, cored and roughly chopped
  • 2 cups fresh cranberries
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water

Directions:

  1. Place all of the ingredients into the crock pot and give it a stir. Place the lid on and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the apples are very soft.
  2. Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend to your desired consistency.
  3. Transfer to glass jars and allow to cool completely before refrigerating or freezing.
Enjoy!!!
*Adapted from Simply Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...