Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Trés Leche Trifle with Raspberries

Trés Leche Trifle with Raspberries: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

The other day I was trying to figure out what to make with some leftover heavy cream in my refrigerator and I remembered this recipe that I had found in some magazine and cut out to save.

This dessert worked out perfect. I happened to have just the right amount of heavy cream (I love it when that happens.) and I had frozen raspberries in the freezer. So all I needed was pound cake. I choose to use frozen pound cake, because it was easy and I needed the dessert to be easy, I would not have a lot of time to make it.

Everyone loved this dessert and I loved how easy it was to make. After enjoying this dessert I really want to make a trés leche cake. I have some saved to make, but I have never made one. It has just never been high on my list of desserts to make, until now.

Trés Leche Trifle with Raspberries

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 12 ounces frozen raspberries, about 3 cups
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 16 ounces pound cake

Directions:

  1. In a large bowl beat together the heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in 2 cups of the frozen raspberries.
  2. Pour the milk into a shallow bowl.
  3. Cut the pound cake crosswise into 12 even slices. Dip both sides of four slices into the milk and arrange on the bottom of a trifle dish, cutting the slices as needed to fit.
  4. Top the pound cake with 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture.
  5. Repeat the layers 2 more times.
  6. Top with the remaining frozen raspberries.
  7. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...