Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Cocoa Cappuccino Mousse

Cocoa Cappuccino Mousse: Savory Sweet and Satisfying

One day after work I cam home exhausted and hungry. As I sat in my favorite chair, trying not to fall asleep and trying not to snack, I saw a cookbook sitting on the ottoman. But not just any cookbook, a Hershey's cookbook, full of desserts. Probably not the best thing to look at when tired and hungry. As I was looking at it I came across this recipe that I had made before and noted how very good it was. When looking at the ingredients I realized I had everything I needed to make it. So up I got and whipped this dessert up and had it chilling in less than 30 minutes. 2 hours later I was enjoying a light and fluffy chocolatey mousse with subtle coffee flavor.

Now I am off to make a grocery list so I can make and more importantly eat the two other desserts I found in the cookbook that sound really really good.

Cocoa Cappuccino Mousse

Ingredients:

  • 2 teaspoons espresso powder
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl sir together the espresso powder and hot water until the espresso powder has dissolved.
  2. In a medium saucepan add in the condensed milk, cocoa, butter, espresso powder and water mixture.
  3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and mixture is smooth.
  4. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
  5. In a large bowl add in the heavy whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
  6. Add in a small amount of the cooled chocolate mixture and gently fold into the whipped cream. Continue to add in some of the chocolate mixture and gently fold in, until all of the chocolate mixture has been folded in.
  7. Transfer the mixture to individual serving bowls or one resealable container if all of the servings are not going to be consumed that same day.
  8. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  9. Top with additional whipped cream if desired.
Enjoy!!!

Yields: 6 servings
*Adapted from Hershey's Best Loved Recipes Cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...